Obesity is the second leading cause of preventable death (after smoking), and can raise your risks of heart disease, cancer, diabetes, arthritis, gout and asthma.
- 2 out of every 3 American adults are overweight
- More than 1/3 of U.S. adults are obese.
- 1 in 3 US children are overweight or obese
- During the past 30 years, adult obesity rates have doubled.
- Since 1980, obesity prevalence among children ages 2-19 has more than tripled.
- Diabesity= obesity leading to the development of Diabetes
- 1/3 of Diabetics are UNDIAGNOSED
- The number 1 killer from diabetes is CVD (cardiovascular disease): hypertension, dyslipidemia (high cholesterol), atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries).
- The risk of CVD in patients with Type 2 diabetes is more than double compared with those of the same age without diabetes.
- Adults with diabetes have heart disease death rates about 2-4 times higher than adults without diabetes.
- Stroke events, myocardial infarction (MI), sudden death, and angina pectoris are at least twofold more common in patients with type 2 diabetes than in individuals without diabetes
- 30 minutes of exercise, 5 x per week, reduces the development of diabetes by 58%.
- On average, Americans consume between 150-300 calories a day than they did 25 years ago.
- $147 Billion/year is spent by US Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurers on obesity related healthcare
- Obese People consume an estimated 40% more health care dollars compared to non-obese people
Where are we headed?
- The current generation of children may have a shorter lifespan than their parents
- 1/3 US children are expected to develop diabetes
- Over 1 in 4 Americans age 17-24 years are unfit for military service due to obesity
Take the first step to a healthier and happier you.
Call us today or attend our free weekly educational seminars.
For more information about Ideal Protein, please go to www.IdealProtein.com.