Obesity is the second leading cause of preventable death (after smoking), and can raise your risks of heart disease, cancer, diabetes, arthritis, gout and asthma.
According to the National Institute of Health
- 2 out of every 3 American adults are overweight
- More than 1/3 of U.S. adults are obese.
- 1 in 3 US children are overweight or obese
- During the past 30 years, adult obesity rates have doubled.
- Since 1980, obesity prevalence among children ages 2-19 has more than tripled.
- Diabesity= obesity leading to the development of Diabetes
- 1/3 of Diabetics are UNDIAGNOSED
- The number 1 killer from diabetes is CVD (cardiovascular disease): hypertension, dyslipidemia (high cholesterol), atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries).
- The risk of CVD in patients with Type 2 diabetes is more than double compared with those of the same age without diabetes.
- Adults with diabetes have heart disease death rates about 2-4 times higher than adults without diabetes.
- Stroke events, myocardial infarction (MI), sudden death, and angina pectoris are at least twofold more common in patients with type 2 diabetes than in individuals without diabetes
- 30 minutes of exercise, 5 x per week, reduces the development of diabetes by 58%.
- On average, Americans consume between 150-300 calories a day than they did 25 years ago.
- $147 Billion/year is spent by US Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurers on obesity related healthcare
- Obese People consume an estimated 40% more health care dollars compared to non-obese people
Where are we headed?
• The current generation of children may have a shorter lifespan than their parents
• 1/3 US children are expected to develop diabetes
• Over 1 in 4 Americans age 17-24 years are unfit for military service due to obesity
Take the first step to a healthier and happier you.
Call us today or attend our free weekly educational seminars.
For more information about Ideal Protein, please go to www.IdealProtein.com.