Shepard’s Pie – All Phases
Serving size: 2
- 4 cups cauliflower cooked until soft enough to mash
- 1 package Ideal Protein Soup (mix with 3.5 oz. of water)
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey or beef.
- Add the following when cooking the beef:
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup of green onion
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 small, fresh tomato diced
Directions: Pour soup over cauliflower and blend or mash really well. Set aside.
In a skillet, brown 1 lb. of lean ground turkey or beef. Place turkey or beef mixture in the bottom of a baking pan or a casserole dish and press down firmly. Place cauliflower mixture on top of the turkey or beef mixture and press down firmly.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Count: 8 oz. Protein, 1 IP, 2 cups select vegetables, ½ cup occasional vegetable,¼ tsp salt